We are a family owned & operated holiday park looking for a Caretaker Couple to help run our park in the seaside town of Port Fairy, at the end of the Great Ocean Road in Victoria. We are a small park with only 13 cabins, 52 powered sites and 20 unpowered sites.
We are after a couple that can help us with all the day to day operations of the park. Someone to look after the front office and customer service (approx. 36 hours) and the other to help around the grounds and with maintenance (approx. 20 hours), spread over a 4 day week. This is a live-in role with a 3 bedroom residence & utilities provided. We are a pet friendly park so a well behaved ‘outside’ dog is also welcome.
This is a short-term contracted position for the busier Summer period. Start date is as soon as possible until the end of April 2020.
- Do you have a strong customer focus?
- Do you have confidence in using Microsoft Office?
- Have you had experience using RMS booking system?
- Do you have experience in a range of practical, ‘handy man’ skills suitable to a holiday park environment?
- Do you love people and want to ensure guests have an enjoyable and memorable stay?
- Are you a couple that is outgoing, professional and a genuine people person?
- Are you prepared to work weekends and be on call after hours?
Experience is not necessarily a requirement, if you are a quick leaner, enthusiastic & self-motivated then we’d love to hear from you.
Main responsibilities for person 1:
- Provide friendly, efficient & welcoming service to our guests during all aspects of their stay
- Checking guests in & out, processing payments
- Answer incoming phone calls relating to guest enquiries
- Quoting on reservation enquiries
- Process new bookings
- Check cabins are clean & tidy prior to guest arrivals
- Booking administration including uploading rates, yield management, following up on guest deposits & OTA management
- Social Media monitoring & posts. Growing customer numbers & income through such avenues
- Cleaning, washing & ironing of cabin linen
- Multi task & assist the housekeeping team during busy periods
Main responsibilities for person 2:
- Provide friendly, efficient & welcoming service to our guests during all aspects of their stay.
- Cleaning Amenities Block, BBQ’s & Camp Kitchen
- Spring Cleaning of Cabins
- Maintaining of chemicals & cleaning of pool & surrounds
- Comply with Occupational Health & Safety requirements. Demonstrate an understanding of safe work practices
- Mowing and general garden maintenance including whipper snipping, poisoning of weeds, trimming trees etc
- Rubbish collection & removal – a manual drivers licence is required
- Park security – help to ensure the park is safe for guests
- Maintenance to plumbing & electrical equipment
- Painting & staining
- Cleaning exterior of cabins & facilities – windows, gutters, walls, veranda’s etc
A more detailed job description can be emailed to you upon request.
If you believe you have the right skills and personality for this role, please submit a cover letter, your resumes and preferably a current photo of yourselves to firstname.lastname@example.org