Bonnie Doon's Lakeside Leisure Resort
Located in Bonnie Doon, Victoria
We are a medium sized Resort located on the shores of beautiful lake Eildon, 1.5hrs NE of Melbourne. With 129 Annual sites, 12 Holiday Cabins, 4 Motel Rooms, an Apartment, 25 powered camp sites and 38 unpowered camp sites and are seeking applications for the position of a live-in Caretaker/Manager couple on a 6 month contract from 21st October 2019 – 21st April 2020. Although might consider a 12 month contract for the right applicants.
Ideally we are after a couple who have their own ABN and can operate under a contract agreement as per below. In return the successful applicant will be provided with rent free accommodation and utilities, in a two bedroom house within the Resort.
Duties include, but are not limited to
- Day-to-day Caretaking of the Resort (The Resort owner will still manage the back end financials)
- 5 days on (Thur - Mon) 2 days off (Tue - Wed)
- During 5 days on you would be responsible for the operation of the Resort and all after hrs support.
- Nightly walk around and inspections.
- Main point of customer contact, dealing with all requests and complaints.
- Work closely with existing staff who will work Monday - Wednesday
- Taking and managing bookings and answering general enquiries
- Cash and EFTPOS handling and daily reconciliation/reporting
- General running of a small shop at reception
- General repairs and grounds maintenance.
- Daily cleaning of Amenities, BBQ's, games room as required
- Assist existing staff with servicing of cabins, cleaning and linen changing. (All staff will work on Mondays to service cabins from the weekend)
- Manage risks (OH&S)
To apply for this position you must;
- Be honest and reliable.
- Commit to the full 6 month period. (May consider a 12 month contract for the right couple)
- Have good up to date references.
- Have your own ABN and run under a contract agreement.
- Ideally have previous experience working in a Caravan park, Resort etc but might consider training up a couple if they have the right attributes.
- Would prefer existing experience with Newbook booking system but happy to train.
- Have excellent front office customer service and conflict resolution skills
- Be able to work autonomously and be self motivated
- Be practical and easy going with a great sense of humour
- Be adaptable to all seasons and situations with a can do attitude
- The ability to assist in general maintenance and repairs to maintain a high standard park
- Mid-level computer skills
- A current drivers licence
- A current working with children clearance.(Can be applied for if accepted for the position)
Salary will be a Daily Rate:- Negotiable depending upon Experience
If interested in this role then please apply via the Apply now button just below and include a cover letter detailing your experience and suitability for this position.