The Banksia Tourist Park requires a full time Park Manager to step in and cover maternity leave commencing January 2021 with training to commence early November 2020 for a 6month contract with the possibility of an extension of a further 6 months.
The successful candidate will ideally have experience in the tourist/holiday park industry and be ready & confident to take on the responsibility for the smooth functioning of the park. We are seeking a Manager with a positive outlook, enthusiasm and great leadership and people management skills.
Our park, is a 4-star Tourist Park based in the Foothills of Perth WA. We cater for all travelling guests with caravans and motor homes as well as providing chalet & cabin accommodation. We also provide permanent accommodation in our park home village for over 55s and permanent van sites.
Common tasks performed by the Park Manager includes but not limited to:
- Park operations & organisation
- Overseeing the reception, grounds & housekeeping staff
- Assisting reception where required with check in's, out's, answering phones and general enquiries
- Being available for afterhours calls when required
- Social media and marketing
- End of month & weekly reporting (KPI's)
- Staff rostering
- Event planning & management
- Overseeing the parks permanent residents including new & vacating residents
- Liaising with the Park Liaison Committee
- Control and resolution of any resident or guest complaints
- Overseeing and organisation of any park renovations
- Communicating and liaising with the general manager
- Updating tariffs & specials
- Staff training
- Upkeep of websites (direct & 3rd party)
- Highly competent computer skills including working with the Microsoft Office suite ie. (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc) and ideally, you'll have experience working with a reservation software system (NewBook).
- Training on all our systems is provided.
- Proven management skills including staff management.
- Knowledge and understanding of OHS responsibilities.
- High attention to detail
- Ability to train others
- Knowledge and experience with 3rd party booking channels and tariff management.
- Knowledge and experience with marketing, promotions and website maintenance an advantage.