We are seeking an energetic manager or management couple who are keen to build on their management expertise in a dynamic role to propel growth in this Resort. A minimum of 2 years’ experience in managing Resorts is required to run this busy Resort.
Serenity Diamond Beach is an architecturally inspired, beachfront Resort, located just 20 minutes north of Forster on the mid-north coast of NSW (in the Manning Great Lakes region). The Resort offers a range of accommodation options across approximately 60 free-standing villas and a block of 8 apartments. Serenity Diamond Beach also offers two Resort pools (one beachfront), a wellness centre, championship sized tennis court, volley-ball court and outdoors gym equipment.
You will be required to manage a small team of office, cleaning and maintenance staff and to motivate and supervise staff activities as well as completing your own workload (as described below).
You will be required to live on-site in accommodation provided. Consideration will be given to allowing the Manager(s) to have a small pet on-site.
Attributes of Successful Applicants
The attributes of the successful applicants shall include the following:
- An ability/desire to grow Resort revenue and profit.
- An understanding of growth strategies, marketing, RevPar, Guest reviews, OTA promotions, rate management.
- Must have excellent accommodation and hospitality skills.
- Evidence of a proven management record including successful staff supervision.
- It would be advantage if one of the applicants has a trade or hospitality background.
- It would also be an advantage if at least one of the applicants has a sound administration and office background displaying solid computer literacy skills.
- RMS (or similar property management system) experience is preferred and budgeting knowledge and basic bookkeeping skills are essential.
- Strong social media skills.
- A focus on providing excellent customer service, at all times.
- Possess great communication and problem-solving skills.
- Strong decision making and negotiation skills required.
- Have a hands-on approach, to lead by example and develop a cohesive, motivated team.
The Manager(s) will:
- prepare and enact marketing plans with the objective of growing Resort revenue
- manage operational P&L with the objective of growing profit
- manage employment recruitment and development
- work with local businesses
The Manager(s) will control day to day running including:
- Manage and implementing Resort marketing, social media, bookings, ordering etc.
- Be responsible for the management, supervision, reception/reservations (the letting business) all grounds and cleaning staff, and overall efficient running of the Resort.
- Receipt payments, daily RMS balance, owner’s statements and reports.
- Having a hands-on approach, to lead by example and to develop a cohesive motivated team.
- Coordinate the grounds and cleaning functions (the caretaking role).
- Inspect accommodation, amenities and grounds to ensure high standards are consistently met.
- Maintain guest relations.
- Handle and resolve customer complaints in a courteous and professional manner.
- Assist in the management of up-to-date emergency procedures.
- Enforce site rules for safe operations, including COVID-19 requirements.
- Co-ordinate sub-contractors and tradespeople working on site.
- Manage health and safety requirements of the Resort.
- Manage agreements and contracts.
- Have excellent references from your previous employers.
The Manager(s) will be expected to:
- Have a flexible attitude to work and work hours.
- Be available to work weekends, school and public holidays.
- Be available for emergency call-out, out of business hours.
- Office hours are from 9.00am to 5.00pm / 7 days per week – Office staffing arrangements and support will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
We require a current Police check, Working with Children check and First Aid Certificate. RSA and food handling certificate desirable.
The Manager(s) will report to and take instruction from the Board of Directors representing the ownership group within the Resort.
Please provide a copy of current resumes with referee details (we will not contact referees without prior notice to you). We encourage you to include a covering letter and although it is not a requirement, we do suggest submitting a current photograph with your application.
Applications will be considered as they are received.
PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT THE RESORT DIRECTLY ONLY APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED VIA THIS WEBSITE OR EMAILED TO SASHA AT firstname.lastname@example.org WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Shortlisting will begin immediately, and this position will close when an offer has been accepted by the successful applicant.